Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Progress, Not Perfection

I got a chance to do a little more work in the darkroom last week. I made prints from some negatives I had not used for previous assignments. We needed a total of 15 prints for our final portfolio. It turns out that I had 15 prints that I was willing to have critiqued. With a couple of minor tweaks, I earned an A on my final portfolio. I realize this just means that I am making excellent progress considering where I am at in the process. However, there were times not long ago that I doubted whether I could progress to the point I have currently. So, I am proud of what I have accomplished.

There were times that I was very frustrated with the time requirements of my photography class. However, all of the time I have put in paid off handsomely. I built a great foundation with skills I can build on to improve my photography and chemical processing skills.

I have been offered the Graduate Assistant position in the Photography lab at the University of Wisconsin-Stout for the 2010-2011 school year. The duties include keeping inventory, mixing chemicals and supervising other lab assistants. I look forward to not only taking care of the day-to-day tasks necessary to keep the lab running, but also the opportunity to help the undergraduate students who will inevitably approach me for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment